Pubs, pasties, cream teas, crabbing and fish and chips
A stroll to the Honicombe Arms for Sunday Roast with a trip to Looe for a tasty pasty, fresh fish and chips, a Cornish cream tea and some crabbing is recommended.
Eating out local area:
The Honicombe Arms (in the Manor House in the centre of the park)
The Sunday Roast is a firm favourite but you do need to book. There are plenty of tables outside in the summer and it has the advantage that you don't need the car so everyone who wants to can have an alcoholic drink.
The Carpenters Arms (Norris Green)
We had a great family meal here - traditional pub grub of a good standard. They have special nights for pizza's, fish and chips and Indian food and at present you can take away too. Very good at catering for vegans and gluten free. Limited parking available. Tel: 01579 350242
Who'd Have Thought it Inn (St Dominick - Recommended)
"A very nice country pub where the staff are very obliging. the food is great and reasonably priced". Tel: 01579 350214
The Tamar Inn (Calstock river front)
"Quite possibly the best pub in the world facing the beautiful Tamar river". Tel: 01822 832487
The Boot (Calstock).
Looks very quaint but haven't visited yet. Tel: 01822 834866
Tesco in Callingtom with fuel about 10 minutes drive away
Co-operative in Drakewells petrol station about 5 minutes drive away next to Daves fish and chips
Louise's Tea Rooms (Kit Hill)
Wonderful scones, cream and meals with a view! You will not be dissappointed
Take aways local area:
Castle Chicken and Kebab House, Callington
Sun Fong Take Away, Callington
Balti King, Callington
Ells Kitchen, Callington
Indian Kitchen, Callington
Kelly's Fish and Chips, Callington
Daves Chip Shop, Gunnislake (ours wasn't great but might have been a one off - let us know what you think)
Take aways Looe:
The Catch - very popular fish and chips with gluten free batter and some benches outside.
Daves Fish and Chips - next to the Catch with eat or take away options and traditional batter
Millendreath Venus Bar - just to the East of Looe is popular and there is a car park (charges apply)
Watergate Bay - North of Newquay with vegan options, lifeguards on patrol and a car park (charges apply)
Seaton (Cornwall) Beach - lovely view out with a small area of parking for customers
Staying at the Bungalow
Before arrival we will send you a 4 digit code to access the front door key. The key box is next to the front door. Please make sure you put the key back in the key box at the end of your holiday. If you are locked out the Site Manager (Mr Jones) has a key for emergencies. Please ring us first so we can authorise him to give you the key.
Book leisure facilities (swimming and gym) online having collected the unique password from Reception upon arrival.
Unlimited broadband and Wi-FI is available inside the Bungalow via a router by the TV. The published speeds are 5mb download and 2mb upload but these vary for some reason - maybe the trees. Please contact us if you have any issues and will will get the contractor "Voneus" to rectify the problem.
Free Wi-Fi is always avaliable in the bar/restaurant.
Isolation of water and electricity supply:
These services will normally be turned on when you arrive. There is a lever under the sink which is part of a flexible connection which can stop the water supply to the property. The electricity fuse box is in the cupboard in the main living area. There is one main switch to stop the electricity supply to the property.
Tavistock Community Hospital - has a minor injuries unit
Derriford Hospital, situated in Plymouth with an accident and emergency department
Gunnislake Health Centre
Booking Terms and Conditions
Standard booking terms:
- PEACEFUL ENJOYMENT = you agree that you will not disturb the peaceful enjoyment of other holiday makers
- DEPOSIT = 20% (if booking direct)
- BALANCE = Payable 6 weeks before the arrival date (if booking direct)
- ELECTRICITY = Included May - August
- OCCUPANCY = Maximum of 6 persons
- ENTRY = Key safe code
- MINIMUM BOOKING = 3 nights (7 nights in August)
- CANCELLATION = Payments can only be refunded if relet (or as stated on agents site)
- SMOKING = Strictly no smoking in the bungalow
- PETS = Sorry no pets except assistance dogs
- CLEANING = Please leave the chalet as you would expect to find it and to pay for/replace any breakages.
Activities: (subject to availability)
- SWIMMING POOLS = Opening times vary with season book online
- MINI GYM and GAMES ROOM book online
- TENNIS COURTS = Bring own equipment (there should be 4 rackets in the bungalow)
- CHILDREN'S PLAYGROUNDS = there is a small children's playground in front of the Bungalow and a larger children's playground near the Tennis Courts
Bed linen and towells:
- All pillows and duvets provided plus mattress protectors
- Bed linen can sometimes be arranged - please ask when booking
- Please bring your own towels - we do not provide these
Our other holiday properties on the Kent Coast: